10.18.2009

Sushi Anyone?

Sweetie Pie babbles all day long.
She loves to say sooooooooooooosheeeeeeeee.
When she says that...well, there's just no saying no.
Not like she has to twist our arms or anything!
Sushi-6
WonderBoy loves sushi just as much as JR and I do.
Sushi-17
Although I only let the kids eat the garden variety cooked sushi and california roll
that doesn't stop him from the rest of the menu...

His new favorite is the all encompassing Bento Box.
Sushi-5-2
He gets a taste of all of his favorites along with soup, shrimp fried rice
and broccoli (yes, he loves broccoli!)

Talk about a Happy Meal!
Oh, and a Shirley Temple.
Dinner out is not complete without his signature drink, the Shirley Temple!

********
Sweetie insists on using chopsticks.
Sushi
And I mean Insists!
Sushi-3
By golly, she's a determined little one.
Sushi-10
She does attain her goal more often than not.
Sushi-11
The kids fight to the death over the dumplings
Sushi-8
and the edamame.
Sushi-9
After a few hot sakes, JR and I don't seem to notice, though.
Then our dinner arrives....
Sushi-7
and JR and I fight over it
(just kidding...I always win!)
Sushi-12-2
Sneaky Little Girl tries to poach from the adult dish when we're deep in conversation.
Sushi-14
Much to her chagrin, she always gets caught.
Mama never fails to have one eye on her.
Sushi-15
JR and I usually order much too much.
Sushi-13

Sushi-11-2
But it makes for a lovely lunch together the next day.
Sushi-12
Alas, an after dinner mint
Sushi-18
A great big brother hug
Sushi-16
And all is right with the world.

A Perfect Evening!

11 comments:

  1. I just finished a HUGE Sunday brunch and yet....I'm suddenly having cravings for Far East Cuisine.

    Let's see if it works from Texas - Listen carefully....

    suuuuuuuuuuuusheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    I'll be waiting out front and I've got my own chopsticks.

    xoxoV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm Sushi, our very favorite!! You made me hungry just reading your post! And I just ate lunch!

    Thanks for your comment. My Mom will be 60 soon and my Grandma 85 I think, neither of them color there hair. I hope I look that good in 20 and 45 years from now!!

    It is always so nice seeing family when you have no one around you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just too cute and has the best ideas! YUMMY!
    Now I'm hungry! hehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was enough to make anyone wan't sooooooooosheeeeeeeee!
    The photo after Sweetie Pie got busted is ADORABLE!!!

    Always in awe at the beauty of your family...

    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yummy! All your food looks so awesome you are making me hungry too! and I just had a sushi roll about 10 minutes ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm, I'm REALLY hungry now. It's only 10am. Now what?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a big "soooosheeee" girl, but these pictures left me craving for some!

    BTW, I'm so impressed that SP can eat with the chopsticks! She has more skills than I do in that department ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE sushi! And yours looks fabulous. All of our children eat it except for Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL... you really make sooooooooooooosheeeeeeee look good!

    I love Sweep pea's determination about the chop sticks.
    The last photo is just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos... that looks like a perfect evening... I don't even like Sushi and it makes me hungry for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures.....I wish my kids would eat like that.....the only one that would is Andrew....

    ReplyDelete