6.01.2010

Flowering TigerLily

My only niece, TigerLily, is going to her senior prom in 2 days
and graduating high school in 2 short weeks.

Where has the time gone, my Little TigerLily?

I will never forget when you fit in the palms of my hands.

Some days it feels like only yesterday when I first learned of you and waited
9 long (LONG) months (less 6 weeks!) for your arrival.

As you stand here ready to achieve yet another wonderful milestone in your
young, beautiful life...I'd like to share something with you
that always makes me reflect on the person I am and the one I strive to be.


Tigerlily Sideways Smile BW

Directions For Life
(Author Unknown)

•Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

•Memorize your favorite poem.

•Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.

•When you say, "I love you", mean it.

•When you say, "I'm sorry", look the person in the eye.

•Believe in love at first sight.

•Never laugh at anyone's dreams.

•Love deeply and passionately.

You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.

•In disagreements, fight fairly.

•Don't judge people by their relatives.

•Talk slow but think quick.

•When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer,

smile and ask,"Why do you want to know?"

•Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

•Call your mom. (and your aunt!)

•Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.

•Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

•When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

•Marry someone you love to talk to.

As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.

•Spend some time alone.

•Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.

•Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.

•Read more books and watch less TV.

•Live a good, honorable life.

Then when you get older and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time.

•A loving atmosphere in your home is so important.

Do all you can to create a tranquil harmonious home.

•In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.

•Read between the lines.

•Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.

•Be gentle with the earth...and yourself.

•Pray. There's immeasurable power in it.

•Never interrupt when you are being flattered.

•Mind your own business.

•Don't trust someone who doesn't close their eyes when you kiss them.

•Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

•If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living.

That is wealth's greatest satisfaction.

•Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.

•Learn the rules, then break some.

•Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other

is greater than your need for each other.

•Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

•Remember that your character is your destiny.

•Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.


Tigerlily Tinted


Congratulations on your completion of your high school career, with honors,
and your acceptance to your college of choice.

I am so proud of you.

I never doubted you for a moment...never have and never will.
I look forward to sharing this next chapter with you, and all the chapters to come.

I love you, my Darling...with all my heart.

Ever yours,
B2

*******


It's Black and White Wednesday
To see some gorgeous images that never disappoint....click on over to


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Your words are words for all of us to remember...thank you! Congratulations to your niece!
    The pictures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures of a beautiful young lady. Congrats to her and I hope she has continued success in her future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post! I'm going to share those words with the ones I love today. Thank you for sharing.

    You have every right to be so proud! Love your b&w's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww!!! Tiger Lily looks beautiful in her pictures!! I hope she has fun at the prom! The next few years are going to be amazing for her!! I how she soaks every last bit of it in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know your heart is bursting with pride and love for your beloved neice. She sounds like an amazing young lady and I'm sure you had so much to do with who she has become.

    Love these words of wisdom and your pictures are, as always, gorgeous.

    Enjoy watching your Tigerlily graduate!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet! I wish someone told me those things when I was younger since I had to learn most of them the hard way.

    Your niece is so beautiful! It must run in the family!

    Donna
    Our Blog: Double Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful is she? So exciting to be just starting out on this adventure of life. I wish her all the best. LOVE your advice for her. I hope she excels and always remembers that Love wins.

    Oh yes it does : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shot! I wish that time didn't move so quickly and that kids didn't grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful and all so important words of advice...what a beautiful girl, both inside and out I can tell. Congratulations TigerLily and best wishes in the future!!!

    Lovely black and white Dita. :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS!!! Tigerlily is a natural beauty......I know you are so proud of her:)

    I love those "directions for life" I wish someone would have given me "directions" when I was her age!! We live and we learn....right?

    Cannot wait to see the prom pictures.....I know you will do a beauitful job!!

    Have a wonderful week...only a few more days until you are in paradise!!

    Luv Ya,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. :::tears::: (no surprise)

    Dita - Dita - Dita....

    You have such a gift for expressing beauty and love. It blows me away. I can only imagine how you bless those around you. What a beautiful gem you are.

    Congratulations to your Tigerlily! She is a gorgeous girl and it sounds like she has an amazing future waiting for her.

    Now if more people would follow your advice...what a beautiful world this would be!

    Love and blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome aunt you are! Great advice and great pictures!

    ReplyDelete